Friday, July 8, 2011

Fashion Gone Wrong: Oh, no.

Hello everyone; my name is Elizabeth, and I am a bad-fashion lover.
Not to wear, oh no - but to post and marvel at the manufacturers/buyers of such garments. As you may have gathered from my previous posts, once I've spotted a cringe-inducing clothing item, it's only a matter of time before it appears on these pages. And, since I don't care to stop... I hope it brings you some enjoyment as well.
Chiffon pants. With a floral print, wide legs and "partially lined" to boot. Sorry, dear model, you don't even get shoe or bracelet kudos. Any balancing out your accessories could have done are obliterated by the sheer curtains on your legs. But hey, if you beg to differ (or appreciate their summertime cooling properties), head to Forever21.
Wonder Woman meets Vegas show? Oy. I'll leave it at that.
To be fair, they come in black and gray also at GoJane.com.

The whole cut-out idea that seems to be running rampant throughout footwear lately is something I must admit I just don't understand. These would work in summertime, yes, but then when you get to open-toed boots and shoes that look like they've gone through the shredder, I just don't see the point. These just strike me as a little clown-ish...although perhaps it's mainly the gold that's so offsetting. And, well, they're not my style - and that's just my opinion! If you disagree, check them out at Urban.
Didn't the fashion world cycle through the whole poncho thing six years ago? I mean, are we really that short on inspiration and new ideas at the moment? Don't get me wrong, those ponchos were comfy - and I have seen poncho-style wraps and shawls styled in great ways lately. But this is just too reminiscent of a 2004 catalog for me to be in on this go-around. Sorry, Delias, I won't be buying; but you can here.

No comments: