Monday, May 18, 2009

My search for the Perfect Skirt

With spring comes again my motivation to wear skirts and dresses more often. Therefore, I embarked on a mission: to find the perfect skirt.

My goals: high waist, medium length, rather full, wide waistband.
Here's what I found.
Option #1: Pleat Hem Linen Mix Skirt, topshop.com

When I stumbled upon this little number, I was immediately overjoyed; I thought I found it! However, upon further review, I realized that the fullness factor was rather lacking. Also, the length is too short for the look I wanted. On the other side, I love the waistband, color, and style.
Option #2: Embroidered Casual Skirt, direct.asda.com/george Waistband? Check. High waist? Check. Length? Check. Full? Wait, no - I can even see through it on the picture! Next.

Option #3: Fenced Garden Skirt, Anthropologie

By this point, I was getting a little discouraged. Only two had even been considered out of over 100. So, I relied on good old Anthropologie - and they delivered. Cute pattern, wide waistband, high waist, medium length, and it's full! Perfect!
The only problem? It's $158. I guess that's the bad thing about Anthro; I'll have to wait a month or two before I can finally buy my skirt. Oh, well.

No comments: